Want to sell your home and get top dollar? Follow these simple steps for some spring cleaning that will make your home look great:
- Landscaping: Clean up and cut all of the dead growth off of bushes and shrubs. This will leave the new growth showing with bright greens and vibrant colors of blooming flowers.
- Fresh Paint: painting the exterior can provide a nice “pop” as potential buyers pull up to your home. As the expression goes “You only have one chance to make a first impression”.
- Interior Paint: if it’s been a while and you have marks and other wear and tear that shows on the interior paint, it might make sense to provide a fresh coat. Be sure to use neutral and earth tones that would appeal to the masses.
- Carpet and Floors: If your carpet has plenty of wear, it may be time to step it up and buy new carpet and pad. When buyer’s walk through your home, they will surely notice new carpet. Tile Floors: be sure that all stains are gone and the tile is nice and clean. Perhaps it’s time to get the grout cleaned and make that tile look it’s best again.
- The NOSE test: be sure that your home smells good. If you have pets, you may not be able to smell them, but new people walking into your home for the first time certainly will. Be sure to have air freshners and accents that leave your home smelling fresh and clean.
Sell My House
We would love to hear from you! Please fill out this form and we will get in touch with you shortly.